Small businesses often do not have the time or expertise to maintain and implement changes to their website or keep up with current technology and best practices. On a periodic basis (monthly, quarterly, yearly) there are *many* things that every website should be monitored for and action taken on. Some of these include:
– Updates – keeping the theme, plugins, WordPress, and back-end components up to date.
– Backups – checking to make sure the backups are working.
– Security – your website’s security stance is not static, it should stay current with best practices.
– Configuration – this can change over time with updates and should be reviewed periodically.
– SEO – you want to keep up with the continuing changes that Google makes to it’s algorithms to make sure your site is as visible as possible.
– SSL certificates – must be renewed on a periodic basis.
– Performance – new versions of various back end components of your website often need updating for better performance.
– New features – new versions of plugins, themes, and WordPress often offer new options you may want to take advantage of.
I can work with you to make sure you are using best practices and will recommend changes based on the many changes to technology over time and will execute those initiatives you wish to proceed with. Working together with you, I will create a plan to monitor and keep your website up to date and trouble free.